Saturday, May 3, 2008


Books, books and more books. After spending hours at the "Archive" in Pa and the annex of the "Judaic Bookstore" in NY it seeemd only natural to do some altering. Karen brought her copper tooling equipment and so it began. I couldn't help but use some of the wonderful stampings we found at Metalliferous. (Admittedly I went back a third time! ) This is my piece above, cover turned inside out because I loved the interior paper. Kathryn's book is below with it's wonderfully worn spine .
Joy


5 comments:

Judy said...

Hi guys. Loved how the books turned out. Joy, loce the way you 'hinged' yours and Kathryn - how great does the spine look - really wonderful.

sallyt said...

Hi. Found you gals from Judy's blog. Joy, I love this clever idea of turning the book cover inside out to show off the end papers! And what a great old spine for a textured cover, Kathryn. How smart of the both of you to do a blog together. Love it.
sallyt

Karen Cole said...

Now you're cooking!!!!

I am SO ready to play art again.

Thanks for the comment.

Kathryn, your books and assorted other great stuff is on the way.

xxoo

Cindy Dean said...

Joy, thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog! It's so awesome that you live in the Las Vegas Area! Me & my friend Jen are always looking for like minded souls! Love the book you did. Hope to hear more from you.

Cindy
cindy@cindydean.com

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! Why has it taken me so long to get over here and look at this stuff? Your books are beautiful! I am going to corner Karen and learn how to do copper tooling. I love it!

I am sooooo looking forward to seeing you ladies again in Cortona. (How fun to say that.)

xo